Kathy DiFiore, Founder and President of Several Sources Shelters, first opened her own home to a pregnant teenager in 1981. In the many years since then, Several Sources has counseled and sheltered countless pregnant women and saved their babies. The organization has helped families in need in Newark, NJ by feeding, clothing and sheltering thousands of homeless women and their children.
Here are the numbers behind each of the lives that Several Sources touched in 2017 alone:
- 6,673 visits from homeless women and their children at our day shelter in Newark, NJ
- 38 mothers and their babies sheltered in one of our maternity homes
- More than 600 women counseled on our nationwide 24/7 phone hotline
- More than 520 babies saved at Our Gift of Hope Sonogram Center in Englewood, NJ
- 53 families and 136 children supported through the Special Families Program