How to Open a Shelter
Interested in saving babies by providing shelter for their mothers but don’t know how to start?
We’ve put together a How To Open A Shelter Kit to help.
Get started by creating a Board of people who are passionate about his work, writing bylaws, and applying for your 501(c)3 status.
- 501(c)3 Status
- Several Sources Shelters Board of Trustees Bylaws
- Create a website and a social media plan
An unused convent in a nearby parish maybe be one option to pursue.
Once you have done all of the above, you need to reach out to social services, churches and other organizations, like Heartbeat International and Care Net to make them aware that you can shelter pregnant women.
Lay the Ground Rules for the Pregnant Women that you Shelter:
Take lots of photos of the mothers, babies and create videos to feature the work:
Create some brochures to feature your work and write appeals to your donor base:
- Seasons of the Heart Charity Dinner Invitation and Insert (2017)
- Baltusrol Charity Golf Outing Invitation
- Recent Journal w/NO ADS
- Church Package Used to Book Church Appeals
- Letter from Kathy DiFiore
- Letter from Bishop Flesey
- Papal Nuncio
- Cardinal O’Connor
- Archbishop Myer
- Letter from Msgr Del Prete
- Picture of Kathy DiFiore with Mother Teresa
- Letter from Bishop Seratelli
- Letter from Mother Teresa July 1989
- Letter from Mother Teresa October 1990
- Letter from Mother Teresa October 1988
- Letter from Mother Teresa January 1991
- Letter from Mother Teresa March 1989
- Letter from Mother Teresa December 1988
- Church Flyer and Envelope
- Thank you letters from mothers with baby photo and Kathy’s cover letter
- Miscellaneous Items
- Bumper Sticker
- Memorial Cards
- Prayer Cards